Friday, February 8, 2013

Tough Mudder and an Oscar... Two Things I'll Never Win

In order to bring you the best, most up-close and personal coverage of the Tough Mudder on Saturday, I got a GoPro. It's one of those little cameras you strap to yourself, your helmet, or your motorized bicycle. I bought it off a nice man who posted on Craigslist, my first Craigslist transaction that didn't involve taking off my pants! He showed me how to use all the doohickeys and thingamabobbers. Let me tell you, I COULD NOT BE MORE PUMPED.

I got so jacked up about it, I made a video. I used my DSLR for one view, and the GoPro for my view. But I'm not cinematographer, director, or actor. I do not have a voice made to be recorded. I do not have a body that should be on film. I didn't write anything down and did not plan properly. That's why I filmed it all for you. I have to show off my lack of talent somewhere.

I tried to make a nice video with an introduction and then me getting in a (rather debilitating cold shower) with voice overs and smooth cuts. But it took me a bunch of takes to get the introduction right, and once I did, I tried to climb into my freezing shower. However, unbeknownst to me at the time, I had not turned the GoPro on to record. I merely switched it from video to pictures. Once I discovered this, I rerecorded the intro and got back into the shower. This time the DSLR didn't record. By then, I was burnt out. This is the result...


At least I got some experience using iMovie and importing/exporting videos.

In one of the lost takes of the video, it was clear just how big my belly still is. I don't like this. I didn't just look out of shape. I looked like I was going to get stuck in my tiny little shower. How. Depressing

1 comment:

  1. MOAR OUTTAKES!!!!!!!11111

    also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSWUWPx2VeQ

    ReplyDelete